code of ethics
Based on our Statement of Faith, WUNT asks our volunteers to commit to the following Code of Ethics during your involvement with the radio station.
- I will conduct my personal life, corporate ministry, and business affairs in a way that will not bring shame or reproach to the name of the Lord or WUNT. Rather, I will speak to bring glory and pleasure to our Lord and encourage others to do likewise. (I Peter 1:14-16, 1 Peter 2:12, 1 Peter 4:11)
- I will speak the truth in love. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- I will recognize and respect what the Lord is doing through other individuals and organizations while refraining from unnecessary criticism of them. (I Peter 3:8-9)
- I will not use the media to knowingly speak falsely against anyone. (Exodus 20:16)
- When I believe a fellow member has sinned against me or the Lord, or has violated this Code of Ethics, I will follow the principles and procedures set forth in God’s Word. (Matthew 18:15-17)
- I will honor my obligations to my coworkers, neighbors, community and government. (Romans 3:7-8)
- In matters of dispute with other Christians, to the extent that it is in my power to do so, I will attempt to submit my grievances to Christian arbitration for resolution rather than to the courts of the land (I Corinthians 6:1-8). Nothing herein shall be construed so as to prohibit a member from expressing his genuine concern to another brother in a spirit of love and in accordance with Matthew 18:15-17.
- I will follow Scriptural teaching of sexual behavior. Scripture teaches that sex within marriage, between 1 man and 1 woman, is pure (Hebrews 13:4) and that all other sexual behavior—such as homosexuality, adultery and sexual promiscuity—is immoral. I will refrain from such activity, or any promotion of the same. (Romans 1:24-32; Leviticus 18:22-23; Exodus 20:14; John 8:1-11; Genesis 19:1-36)